WALTHAM, Mass .– (BUSINESS WIRE) – Benchmark Senior Residing, a number one supplier of senior residing providers within the Northeast, introduced at the moment that it has expanded its workforce of medical consultants and consulting scientists with the creation of the Reference Coronavirus Advisory Council. As a part of its ongoing dedication to the well being, security and well-being of its residents and associates, Benchmark will profit from further professional recommendation and data to assist information long-term technique and response to the pandemic.
Esteemed council members embrace a former US Surgeon Normal, a former Secretary of the US Division of Veterans Affairs, a nationally recognized geriatric psychiatrist, a number one an infection prevention specialist, and different consultants. .
“Because the pandemic started, we’ve relied on main consultants to assist information our response. I’m happy to say that our response has earned us the reward of our residents, their households and our associates, ”stated Tom Grape, Benchmark Founder, President and CEO. “Now, by formalizing further relationships with a bigger pool of consultants that features a number of the nation’s main public well being minds, we will make sure that our infectious illness prevention and containment protocols are according to modern considering on COVID. -19. Our objective is to proceed Be the benchmark for aged care, and this is among the some ways we’re setting that normal. ”
the Reference Coronavirus Advisory Council It’s made up of physicians and nurses with expertise in mitigation of infectious illnesses, geriatrics, and bodily and psychological well being. Many are affiliated with a number of the nation’s main medical, analysis, and tutorial establishments. They are going to use an evidence-based method to attempt to keep forward of COVID-19 developments and tackle the great wants of residents within the 63 impartial residing, assisted residing, reminiscence care, and persevering with care retiree communities of Benchmark throughout the Northeast.
the Reference Coronavirus Advisory Council members embrace:
- Dr. Alice Bonner, PhD, GNP, RN, FAAN– Bonner beforehand served as Secretary of the Massachusetts Govt Workplace of Elder Affairs and was Director of Healthcare High quality for the Massachusetts Division of Public Well being. She is the Director of Strategic Partnerships for the Middle for Revolutionary Care in Getting old, a collaboration between the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg Faculty of Public Well being and the Institute for Healthcare Enchancment.
- Dr. Richard Carmona, MD, MPH, FACS– Carmona served because the 17th Surgeon Normal of america. He’s a Distinguished Professor of Public Well being, Well being Promotion Sciences and Neighborhood, Surroundings and Coverage on the College of Arizona Faculty of Public Well being and Chief of Well being Innovation at Canyon Ranch.
- Dr. Brent P. Forester, MD, MSc – Chief of the Division of Geriatric Psychiatry at McLean Hospital; Medical Director, Integrating Behavioral Well being, High quality and Affected person Expertise for Mass Normal Brigham; and affiliate professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical Faculty.
- Dr. Michael R. Jaff, DO – Chief Medical Officer and Vice President of Scientific Affairs, Innovation and Expertise at a significant worldwide medical gadget producer and former CEO of Newton-Wellesley Hospital.
- Dr. Timothy Johnson, MD, MPH – Former chief of emergency providers at Union Hospital in Lynn, Mass, and medical editor for ABC Information. Dr. Johnson served as a fellow at Harvard Medical Faculty and was the founding editor of the varsity’s Well being Letter. He and his spouse are members of The Commons at Lincoln neighborhood of Benchmark in Lincoln, Mass.
- Dr. Roger Schutt, DO –Geriatria for over 34 years and govt chief of post-acute care at Beth Israel Lahey Well being.
- Steve Schweon, RN, MPH, MSN, CIC, FSHEA, FAPIC – Board Licensed An infection Prevention with over 25 years of expertise in acute long-term care and behavioral well being settings.
- Dr. David Shulkin, Doctor – Served because the ninth Secretary of the US Division of Veterans Affairs President and CEO of Mount Sinai Beth Israel; and Vice Dean, Chief of Drugs, and Director of High quality, Drexel College Faculty of Drugs.
For extra info on Benchmark’s response to the worldwide pandemic, go to https://www.benchmarkseniorliving.com/helpful-solutions/benchmark-coronavirus-covid-19-resource-center.
About Benchmark Senior Residing
Based mostly in Waltham, Mass., Benchmark Senior Residing is a number one supplier of senior housing within the Northeast. It has 63 communities in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New York, Vermont, and Maine. Benchmark employs practically 6,000 associates in its communities and company workplaces. Based in 1997 by Tom Grape, Benchmark provides impartial residing, assisted residing, reminiscence care, and persevering with care retirement communities which can be guided by Benchmark’s core values: Referred to as to care, Higher collectivelyand Be the benchmark, and we’re dedicated to remodeling lives by means of human connection. Click on right here for extra info.