LUBBOCK, Texas (NEWS RELEASE) – The next is a press launch from the Metropolis of Lubbock Well being Division:
The Texas Division of State Well being Providers has assigned further doses of the Trendy COVID-19 vaccine to the Division of Public Well being. The Metropolis of Lubbock is giving 1,00zero first-round doses to United Supermarkets to manage to the residents of Group 1B. This allocation will assist make the vaccine extra obtainable in several areas of the group and can embrace: United Supermarkets at Parkway Drive and 50th and Avenue Q, and Amigos at North College. All United Supermarkets quotes have already been lined*. Future vaccine assignments shall be assigned to retailer pharmacies on a rotating foundation.
The Metropolis of Lubbock shall be holding Vaccine Clinics this week on the next days / occasions:
Public Well being Division, Lubbock Memorial Civic Heart Exhibit Corridor
– Tuesday February 2 10:00 am – four:00 pm
– Wednesday, February three 10:00 am – four:00 pm
– Thursday, February four from 2:00 pm to eight:00 pm
– Saturday February 6 10:00 am – three:00 pm
Register for the Metropolis of Lubbock Public Well being Division Immunization Clinics, for many who fall into Part 1A and 1B, will open at 10:00 am on Monday, February 1, 2021.
All Part 1A and 1B people who want to be vaccinated are inspired to make an appointment.
- Scheduling for the 4 clinics opens at 10:00 am on Monday, February 1.
- Those that want to make an appointment on-line can accomplish that by visiting mylubbock.data/covid19vaccine
- These wishing to make an appointment over the telephone can accomplish that by calling the Metropolis of Lubbock Public Well being Division at 806.775.2933.
- Those that want to schedule their second dose can accomplish that by visiting mylubbock.data/dose2 or by calling the Division of Public Well being.
- Appointments are restricted and walk-ins are strongly discouraged. Individuals with appointments shall be given precedence and a walk-in vaccination just isn’t assured.
People needing mobility help ought to name the Division of Public Well being to schedule an appointment. The Metropolis will make an announcement as soon as all clinics are booked.
* To schedule an appointment with United Supermarkets, go to www.unitedsupermarkets.com/vaccine-information. Company are inspired to register to obtain e mail notifications concerning vaccine availability.
Extra vaccination clinics will happen subsequent week.
Part 1A people should current a badge or different company identification to be admitted to the clinic. In case you are eligible for the vaccine by your employer, we ask that you just entry the vaccine by that system.
The Texas Division of State Well being Providers defines Part 1A and 1B as follows:
• Paid and unpaid staff, 18 years of age or older, in hospital settings who work straight with optimistic or high-risk COVID-19 sufferers. Akin to, however not restricted to:
- Medical doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, and different assist personnel (concierge workers, and many others.)
- Further medical workers offering laboratory, pharmacy, diagnostic and / or rehabilitation assist companies.
- Others who’ve direct contact with sufferers or infectious materials.
• Lengthy-term care workers who work straight with susceptible residents. It consists of:
- Direct care suppliers in nursing properties, assisted dwelling services, and state supported dwelling services
- Medical doctors, nurses, private care assistants, janitors, meals service personnel
• EMS suppliers who take part in 9-1-1 emergency companies resembling transportation and pre-hospital care
• Residence well being care staff, together with hospice care, who work together straight with susceptible and high-risk sufferers
• Residents of long-term care services
• Workers in outpatient settings interacting with symptomatic sufferers. Akin to, however not restricted to:
- Medical doctors, nurses, and different assist workers (custodial workers, and many others.)
- Scientific workers offering diagnostic, laboratory and / or rehabilitation companies
- Non-9-1-1 Transportation for Routine Care or Well being Employees in Corrections and Detention Facilities
• Direct care workers in freestanding emergency care services and pressing care clinics.
• Group pharmacy workers who can present direct companies to purchasers, together with vaccinations or testing for individuals who could have COVID
• Public well being and emergency response personnel straight concerned in administering COVID vaccines and testing
• Final responders offering mortuary or dying companies to deceased with COVID-19. It consists of:
- Embalmers and funeral house staff who’ve direct contact with the deceased
- Coroners and different medical certifiers who’ve direct contact with the deceased
• College nurses who present medical care to college students and lecturers
• Individuals aged 65 or over
• Individuals 18 to 64 years of age with at the very least one persistent medical situation that places them at increased danger, resembling, however not restricted to:
- Most cancers
- Continual kidney illness
- COPD (persistent obstructive pulmonary illness)
- Coronary heart situations, resembling coronary heart failure, coronary artery illness, or cardiomyopathies
- Stable organ transplant
- Weight problems and extreme weight problems (physique mass index of 30 kg / m2 or extra)
- The being pregnant
- Sickle cell illness
- Diabetes mellitus sort 2
(Metropolis of Lubbock Well being Division press launch)