JONESBORO – The Clayton County Youth Fee is organizing a meals drive to assist replenish the Hearts to Nourish Hope Meals Financial institution and Pantry.
The Youth Fee is a program for residents ages 14-24 that gives management and workforce readiness alternatives by constructive studying experiences.
In earlier years, the fee organized its annual marketing campaign in November. However this 12 months, this system’s coordinator, Ciara Dunn, stated college students had been questioning concerning the post-holiday meals financial institution inventory.
“Due to the whole lot that occurred this 12 months, we delayed it to fill the void after so many different Thanksgiving and Christmas meals drives,” Dunn stated. “It’s what was within the hearts of the fee members with the intention of feeding as many individuals as potential.”
The meals drive will probably be held from 9 am to six pm January Four-18 at 10 places. Recommended donations embrace pasta and sauce, oatmeal, beans, canned greens and fruits, soup, peanut butter, and rice.
The places are as follows:
• Clayton County Fee Board, 112 Smith St. in Jonesboro
• Jim Huie Recreation Middle, 9045 Tara Blvd. in Jonesboro
• Carl Rhodenizer Recreation Middle, 3499 Rex Street in Rex
• South Clayton Recreation Middle, 1837 McDonough Street in Hampton
• Virginia Burton Grey Recreation Middle, 1475 E. Fayetteville Street in Riverdale
• Headquarters Library, 865 Battle Creek Street in Jonesboro
• Forest Park Library, 4812 West Avenue in Forest Park
• Lovejoy Library, 1721 McDonough Street in Hampton
• Morrow Library, 6225 Maddox Street in Morrow
• Riverdale Library, 420 Valley Hill Street in Riverdale
The Hearts to Nourish Hope Meals Financial institution & Pantry in Riverdale is open each Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The pantry feeds 1,500 households month-to-month by offering meals containers with gadgets equivalent to canned items, snacks, drinks, meats, and recent produce.
For extra details about this system or to volunteer, name 770-997-4511.