Business autos can be banned from varied New Jersey highways starting at 12 p.m. Sunday when a significant snow storm is brewing, state officers introduced.
Restricted autos embrace tractors, bikes, leisure autos, passenger autos towing trailers and “empty CDL-weighted straight vehicles,” authorities stated. They don’t seem to be allowed on components of 9 highways, though there are exceptions, in keeping with an administrative order from Diane Gutierrez-Scaccetti, the state transportation commissioner.
Restrictions don’t apply to the New Jersey Turnpike, Backyard State Parkway, or Atlantic Metropolis Expressway. The order doesn’t have an expiration date. Authorities requested all drivers to remain off the street Sunday night time and Monday if attainable.
“The most secure place to be is at dwelling,” the division stated in an announcement.
Business autos are restricted on the next New Jersey highways:
- I-76: From the Walt Whitman Bridge (Pennsylvania border) to New Jersey Route 42.
- I-78: From the Pennsylvania border to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike).
- I-80: From the Pennsylvania border to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike).
- I-195: From I-295 to NJ Route 138.
- I-280: From I-80 to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike).
- I-287: From New Jersey Route 440 to the New York State Line.
- I-295: From Delaware Memorial Bridge to Scudders Falls Bridge (Pennsylvania border).
- I-676: From the Benjamin Franklin Bridge (Pennsylvania border) to I-76.
- NJ Route 440: From Outerbridge Crossing to I-287.
A number of teams are exempted from the restrictions, together with police, well being employees and journalists, amongst others, in keeping with the order.
Vehicles on the street when the ban takes impact are “inspired” to attend for the storm to move at a truck cease, in keeping with a press launch. Drivers mustn’t cease on the shoulder.
Officers additionally stated they have been getting ready hundreds of plows and salt spreaders. The division requested drivers who should be on the street to not move crews and to drive slowly with a full tank.
Extra data will be discovered on the state Workplace of Emergency Administration web site. Residents may also examine the division’s visitors data website for real-time journey information.
Our journalism wants your assist. Subscribe at the moment to NJ.com.
Blake Nelson will be reached at email@example.com. Comply with him on Twitter at @BCunninghamN.
Do you will have a tip? Inform us. nj.com/ideas. Obtain the most recent updates in your electronic mail. Subscribe to NJ.com newsletters.