Certainly one of my daughter’s favourite dishes from the Tellini pasta market is their Italian casserole. Begin with a cheese-baked rigatoni, which is heaven on a plate, however prime it with a flavorful marinara sauce. It is one of the best of each worlds when you possibly can’t resolve should you’re within the temper for an Alfredo sauce or marinara-based dish.
As a shock to her, I attempted to recreate the recipe. I feel I used to be very shut!
ITALIAN BAKED RIGATONI CASSEROLE WITH MARINARA SAUCE
First, make the marinara sauce:
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
* 2 tablespoons dry Italian seasoning
* 1 teaspoon of sugar
* 1 tablespoon of purple wine vinegar
* Somewhat floor black pepper
In a medium saucepan, warmth the olive oil over medium warmth. Add the onions and prepare dinner for four to five minutes till they soften. Add the garlic and prepare dinner for yet one more minute.
Add the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and sugar, and simmer. Cowl and prepare dinner for 30 to 45 minutes. Over the last minutes of cooking, add the purple wine vinegar and black pepper. Style and add somewhat salt if needed.
Now for the casserole:
* 16-ounce rigatoni field, cooked in response to package deal instructions and drained
* 2 butter spoons
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 tablespoons of flour
* three cups of milk
* three/four cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for topping
* 1 cup of grated Mozzarella
* 24 ounces ricotta cheese
* 1 teaspoon of white pepper
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
Preheat oven to 350 levels and spray a 9-by-13-inch casserole with nonstick spray.
In a big saucepan (at the least 2 quarts), warmth the butter and olive oil over medium warmth. Add the flour and, stirring continually, let it prepare dinner till it turns mild brown. Slowly add the milk, stirring continually, and permit the combination to thicken barely.
Add cheeses somewhat at a time till mixed and evenly melted. Add the pepper, salt, and dried parsley flakes. Take away from warmth and toss with drained rigatoni noodles.
Pour the casserole combination right into a ready baking dish and canopy with aluminum foil. Cook dinner for 25 minutes and take away the foil. Sprinkle extra Parmesan cheese on prime and return to the oven for 10 extra minutes. Let stand about 5 minutes. High every serving with a beneficiant dollop of marinara sauce. Add in a contemporary inexperienced salad and breadsticks, and you have got a scrumptious meal.
SOUTHWEST TATER TO CASSEROLE
This recipe is a simple meal for newbie cooks and is sufficient for a fast weeknight dinner.
* 1 pound of floor dish, browned and drained in fats
* 1 can of potato cream
* 1 can of white corn with chipotle peppers, drained
* 1 small can diced inexperienced chilies, drained
* 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 can of Rotel tomatoes (I used them scorching)
* 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
* 1 teaspoon onion powder
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 small package deal (28 ounces) tater tots
* 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack / Colby cheese combine, divided
* Cilantro, bitter cream, inexperienced onions (optionally available)
Preheat the oven to 400 levels.
Mix the primary 9 substances in a big bowl. Add half a cup of cheese. Spray a 9-by-13-inch casserole with nonstick spray.
Gently pour the combination from the casserole right into a baking dish. Place tater tots on prime. Place within the oven for 25 minutes.
Take away from the oven, add the remaining cheese, and return to the oven for about 5 minutes. Let stand a couple of minutes earlier than serving. High with cilantro, bitter cream, or chopped inexperienced onions, or all three!
Laura Tolbert, also called Fleur de Lolly, has been sharing recipes, desk adorning concepts, and ideas for different foodies and newbies on her weblog, fleurdelolly.blogspot.com for over eight years. Gained the Duke Mayonnaise 100th Anniversary Nationwide Recipe Contest for its Alabama White BBQ Sauce. She will be reached at fb.com/fleurde.lolly.5, on Instagram and email@example.com.