In response to winter climate circumstances within the north central area, PennDOT is offering an replace to motorists.
The restrictions will stay in impact till circumstances justify their removing. Drivers are urged to keep away from touring if potential.
Beginning at 9 a.m. M., Stage three car restrictions will apply on Interstate 80 from I-99 at junction 161 / Bellefonte in Middle County to Clinton County at mile marker 192.
On roads with Stage three restrictions in impact, industrial autos EXCEPT particular person trailers loaded with chains or authorized alternate traction units aren’t permitted. Moreover, all faculty buses, industrial buses, coaches, bikes, motorhomes / motorhomes, and passenger autos (automobiles, SUVs, vans, and so forth.) that tow trailers aren’t allowed on the affected roads so long as restrictions exist.
Stage 1 restrictions stay in impact on the next roads:
· I-99 in Middle County – each instructions;
· I-80 from mile marker 97 / Falls Creek to mile marker 161 / Bellefonte, in each instructions.
Beneath Tier 1 restrictions, the next autos are not allowed on affected roads:
- · Tractors with out trailers;
- · Tractors towing unloaded or frivolously loaded closed trailers, open trailers or tank trailers;
- · Tractors towing unloaded or frivolously loaded tandem trailers;
- · Enclosed cargo supply vans that meet the definition of CMV;
- · Passenger autos (automobiles, SUVs, vans, and so forth.) that tow trailers;
- · Leisure autos / motorhomes;
- · Faculty buses, industrial buses and coaches that don’t carry chains or various traction units (ATD); and
- · Bikes.
Along with limiting sure autos, velocity limits have additionally been restricted to 45 mph for all autos and industrial autos not affected by the restrictions should transfer into the appropriate lane.
Drivers are additionally reminded that velocity limits have been restricted to 45 mph and industrial autos should transfer into the appropriate lane on the next highways:
US Route 22/322 in Juniata, Mifflin and Middle counties
The aim of the restriction is to assist make sure that interstate highways stay open throughout probably the most difficult winter storm circumstances. When circumstances enhance, PennDOT will take away journey restrictions.