DOT NEWS RELEASE: HDOT SUMMER AIR TRAVEL TIPS
Posted on Could 26, 2021 in Newest Information, Newsroom
HONOLULU – The Hawaii Division of Transportation (HDOT) encourages anybody flying to or from Hawaii airports to look ahead to a busy summer time journey season. Preliminary customer statistics present 23,423 passengers arrived in Hawaii on Could 23, which is roughly 70 % of pre-COVID numbers (supply: http://dbedt.hawaii.gov/customer/dailypax-dashboard/) .
Given present developments, HDOT gives the next suggestions for air journey:
- Plan for peak journey season. The push hour for arrivals at Hawaii airports is between 10 am and three pm In case your flight time is inside that window, plan and put together by following the information beneath.
- Contemplate taking him to the airport. Traditionally, the car parking zone fills up rapidly on lengthy vacation weekends. Final Sunday, Could 23, solely seven % of the 1,500 parking areas at Kahului Airport and 35 % of the 481 parking areas at Hilo Worldwide Airport have been accessible. On the Daniel Ok. Inouye Worldwide Airport, which has four,600 seats, roughly half of the seats are at the moment crammed. Lihue Airport and Ellison Onizuka Worldwide Airport in Keahole are additionally half full for the time being. Leaving it on the airport can prevent time looking for a spot in case the car parking zone reaches full capability.
- Get to the airport early. The Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) recommends arriving greater than two hours earlier than departure and checking baggage to save lots of time at safety checks. Further suggestions from the TSA may be discovered right here.
- Apply secure journey at airports. The state’s indoor masks mandate applies to all Hawaiian airports, on or off property. The masks ought to be worn no matter an individual’s COVID testing or vaccination standing. Vacationers must also be ready to put on a face cowl on board their flights and are suggested to test with their airline for data on their COVID protocols.
- Be sure you are conscious of COVID-19 journey suggestions or restrictions. The Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention web page, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vacationers/index.html, has journey suggestions by vacation spot. Be sure you know the present information.
- Know what to do when touring between islands. A Protected Travels account is required for journeys to islands aside from Oahu. Go to https://journey.hawaii.gov/#/ to create an account. As soon as the documentation has been uploaded (for instance, your vaccination card that meets the necessities of the vaccination exemption, the dependable check outcomes, or the popularity of the quarantine order), you’ll obtain a QR code to point out to evaluators to expedite your post-arrival analysis.
- Know what to do while you return to Hawaiʻi. All vacationers ought to go to HawaiiCovid19.com for probably the most up-to-date journey information. HDOT cautions that utilizing an airline that participates within the state of Hawaii’s Pre-Departure Doc Verification (PDDC) program can expedite this course of. Airways that voluntarily take part in PDDC can validate Protected Travels accepted COVID checks and Journey and Well being Kinds or assist vacationers full quarantine documentation. As soon as validated, a PDDC passenger can exit the airport after disembarking topic to county necessities. Non-PDDC vacationers should endure safe journey documentation verification at Hawai’i airports.
HDOT continues to supply hand sanitizing stations to be used inside airport terminals and encourages vacationers to work collectively to create bodily distance between themselves and one another when attainable. With everybody’s assist and cooperation, we will have a secure and wholesome summer time journey season.