On Wednesday, June eight, 2022, the USA Company for Worldwide Improvement (USAID) and the Pacific Council on Worldwide Coverage will convene a panel dialogue on the sidelines of the Summit of the Americas in Los Angeles to spotlight the rising insecurity meals within the Western Hemisphere. and alternatives to construct extra sustainable, equitable and resilient meals programs all through the area.
The panel will characteristic views from leaders in authorities, civil society, the personal sector, and multilateral establishments, with USAID Administrator Samantha Energy providing new particulars and commitments on how the Biden-Harris Administration is working to handle the affect of the world meals disaster. Disaster in Latin America and the Caribbean.
EVENT: The worldwide meals disaster and the Americas: challenges and responses
WHEN: June eight, 2022, 1:00-2:00 pm PST
Preset for cameras: 12:30 pm PST
WHERE: Heinsbergen Room, Millennium Biltmore Lodge Los Angeles
506 S Grand Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Samantha Energy, USAID Administrator
- Eduardo Enrique Reina, International Minister of Honduras
- Manuel Otero, Director Common, Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture
- Renata Segura, Deputy Director of Packages for Latin America and the Caribbean, Worldwide Disaster Group
- Gael Pressoir, Dean of the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Quisqueya College
RSVP: Reporters could attend in particular person or nearly. Affirm your attendance earlier than Tuesday June seventh right here. For media which have RSVP’d to cowl onsite, a affirmation e-mail with arrival and logistics directions will probably be despatched to them previous to the occasion.
The occasion will probably be held in English and Spanish with simultaneous interpretation accessible, and also will be streamed stay right here.