Saturday afternoon in Philadelphia, St. The Louis Cardinals made historical past towards right-wing Kyle Gibson. They grew to become solely the 11th workforce in historical past to hit 4 consecutive dwelling runs. Or, within the potential manner of claiming the twisting tongue, they went again to again to again to again.
The half began fairly innocently, as Gibson withdrew the primary two beats earlier than a single for Paul Goldschmidt. Then Nolan Arenado entered the yard and began. Nolan Gorman, Juan Yepez and Dylan Carlson adopted with lengthy balls:
As I discussed, this has solely occurred 10 occasions earlier than. A brief description:
- White Sox 2020, Aug 16: Yoán Moncada, Yasmani Grandal, José Abreu, Eloy Jiménez
- Nationwide 2019, June 9: Howie Kendrick, Trea Turner, Adam Eaton, Anthony Rendon
- Nationwide 2017, July 27: Brian Goodwin, Wilmer Difo, Bryce Harper, Ryan Zimmerman
- 2010 Diamondbacks, August 11: Adam LaRoche, Miguel Montero, Mark Reynolds, Stephen Drew
- 2008 White Sox, August 14: Jim Thome, Paul Konerko, Alexei Ramirez, Juan Uribe
- 2007 Pink Sox, April 22: Manny Ramirez, JD Drew, Mike Lowell, Jason Varitek
- 2006 Dodgers, September 18: Jeff Kent, JD Drew, Russell Martin, Marlon Anderson
- 1964 Gemini, Might 2: Tony Oliva, Bob Allison, Jimmie Corridor, Harmon Killebrew
- 1963 Indians, July 31: Woodie Held, Pedro Ramos, Tito Francona, Larry Brown
- 1961 Braves, June eight: Eddie Mathews, Hank Aaron, Joe Adcock, Frank Thomas
There may be the potential for enjoyable trivia there.
The Cardinals went into motion on Saturday, following Brewers with two video games in NL Central.