5 folks had been displaced and a tenant suffered minor burns when a hearth tore by a Haiku residence Friday afternoon, in accordance with the Maui Fireplace Division.
The fireplace was reported at 14:40 on Haiku Street. Crews arrived on scene to discover a working construction hearth that absolutely contained a principal residence, cabin and accent constructions, in accordance with the Fireplace Division.
Three engine corporations, together with rescue, hazmat and tanker crews from Kahului, labored to convey the hearth below management round four p.m.
Firefighters stated the Pink Cross assisted the displaced residents and that the tenant who suffered a burn on his leg was in good situation.
Harm estimates weren’t accessible as of Friday afternoon. The case is below investigation, the Fireplace Division stated.
The fireplace compelled the closure of West Kuiaha Street from Mauu Place to 433 W. Kuiaha Street and Haiku Street from West Kuiaha Street to 1807 Haiku Street. The roads had been reopened by 7:45 p.m., in accordance with the county.