The Rotary Membership of Norfolk is operating a neighborhood non-perishable meals drive to assist the native Salvation Military restock its meals pantry objects after the height vacation season. A number of corporations have agreed to accommodate the gathering containers for non-perishable objects, together with:
– Ravenwood Gallery at 402 W. Norfolk Ave.
– ProMedCare at 1106 W. Benjamin Ave.
– USave Pharmacy at 1001 W. Benjamin Ave.
– Norfolk Dental Group at 1502 N. 13th St.
– Renegade Shops at 1700 Market Lane in Sundown Plaza Mall
– Auten Pruss and Beckmann, PC at 1309 N. Ninth St.
– Arrow Stage Traces at 720 E. Norfolk Ave.
– Norfolk Household YMCA at 301 W. Benjamin Ave.
Collections will happen between now and Thursday, February four. The general public is invited to assist with this marketing campaign, together with members of the Rotary Membership.
Rotary District 5650, which spans japanese Nebraska and western Iowa, and Rotary District 5630, spanning western and central Nebraska, have mixed fundraising efforts to assist cut back meals insecurity within the space by way of a digital fundraising marketing campaign for meals.
They’re on monitor to boost roughly $ 50,000 by way of financial donations made by native Rotary golf equipment and people, together with matching funds from Rotary Districts and ConAgra Meals. The digital meals drive runs till January 31. The cash will probably be despatched to the Heartland Meals Financial institution, which helps present meals pantries within the following cities on this space:
– Stanton: New England Congregational
– Madison: Madison Meals Pantry
– Norfolk: Northeast Nebraska Neighborhood Motion, Salvation Military Outreach, Norfolk Ministerial Affiliation, and Midtown Well being Heart for SNAP.
If anybody wish to contribute to this fund, contact Christine Mimick Keller, president of the Rotary Membership of Norfolk, at 402-750-4386.