HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) – PennDOT anticipates that they may implement journey restrictions on vehicles and different automobiles on highways across the Commonwealth on Sunday till circumstances allow their lifting.
Automobile restrictions will go into impact at midday on Sunday, January 31, and are anticipated on the next roads for Tier 1 automobiles:
- Interstate 70 in each instructions from the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Interstate 76) to the Maryland state line;
- Your entire size of Interstate 78 in each instructions;
- Interstate 80 from Interstate 81 to the New Jersey state line;
- Your entire size of Interstate 81 in each instructions;
- Your entire size of Interstate 83 in each instructions;
- Your entire size of Interstate 84 in each instructions; and
- Your entire size of Interstate 380 in each instructions.
Because the climate modifications, restrictions may be added primarily based on off-road circumstances.
Beneath Tier 1 restrictions, the next automobiles will not be allowed on affected roads:
- Tractors with out trailers;
- Tractors towing unloaded or evenly loaded enclosed trailers, open trailers, or tank trailers;
- Tractors towing unloaded or evenly loaded tandem trailers;
- Enclosed cargo supply vehicles that meet the definition of CMV;
- Passenger automobiles (automobiles, SUVs, vehicles, and many others.) with trailers;
- Leisure automobiles / motorhomes;
- College buses, business buses and coaches that don’t carry chains or various traction gadgets (ATD); and
For updates on restrictions, drivers can view the 511pa.com message boards, join alerts, and obtain the smartphone app.
PennDOT advises motorists to keep away from all pointless journey throughout storms, except completely needed.
For updates and present climate circumstances, go to abc27 Climate for the most recent info forward of Sunday’s winter storm.