WASHINGTON DC – President-elect Joe Biden hopes to push an enormous COVID-19 reduction invoice by Congress within the first months of his presidency, an bold plan that might face harsh headwinds from partisans.
Listed here are the sections of the invoice that might turn into a windfall for the tech trade.
- $ 130 billion to assist faculties reopen safely: A few of this cash might underpin the distant studying capabilities of faculties. The funds might assist “shut the digital divide that’s exacerbating inequalities throughout the pandemic,” in line with the doc.
- $ 9 billion to increase the Expertise Modernization Fund: This cash would assist the US launch new shared IT and cybersecurity providers on the Company for Cybersecurity and Data Safety and the Common Companies Administration. It is a main transfer after the historic assault by SolarWinds and main firms like Amazon and Microsoft.
- $ 300 million for IT initiatives within the Common Companies Administration: This may strengthen IT initiatives throughout the federal government.
- $ 200 million to rent tech and cyber consultants: The federal government might rent lots of of expertise and cyber consultants to help the federal chief info officer and the US Digital Service.
- To learn extra, click on https://www.protocol.com/bulletins/what-bidens-covid-19-relief-package-would-do-for-tech