ORLANDO, Fla. – This Valentine's Day, the Orlando Hearth Division desires to be sure to know what to do in case of a damaged coronary heart.
Diana Stahl is the division's CPR coordinator and presents annual coaching on how one can assist. She spoke with Information 6 in regards to the significance of sustaining dwelling well being and realizing what to do in an emergency.
February is Nationwide Coronary heart Month, and Stahl provided some recommendation on how one can hold a coronary heart beating with CPR:
– Cardiac arrest can happen wherever, to anybody at any time
– For each minute that passes with out CPR, you lose a 10 % likelihood of survival
– There isn’t any want for phrase of mouth, when doing chest compressions you push and flow into blood to the mind till assist arrives
– Name 911, then begin the compressions by urgent onerous and quick within the middle of the chest
– It’s best to attempt to full 120 compressions per minute
– The track "Stayin’ Alive "is beneficial to recollect for the rhythm
– Florida has a "good Samaritan" regulation that protects anybody who administers CPR in good religion that you’re offering assist
For Stahl's full interview, watch the video beneath.
Copyright 2020 by WKMG ClickOrlando – All rights reserved.